mercredi 22 janvier 2014

Move-SPSite : Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.

Symptom : Using PowerShell when you try to open move a Site Collection with Move-SPSite command you get this error message :

Move-SPSite : Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.


Explanation : I first check if my SiteCollection was read-only or locked, it wasn't.
So i remembered that I had recently deployed a SharePoint Service Pack, so my old Content Databases were not upgraded, and my new Content Databases were upgraded. That's the reason why i cannot move my Site Collection

Solution : Upgrade your Content Databases
  • Upgrade your source database with the PowerShell command : 
Upgrade-SPContentDatabase <Name of your Database>

  • Then when your source and destination databases are in the same Service Pack format run again your Move-SPSite command
Move-SPSite <Your Url> -DestinationDatabase <Name of your Database>


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire